Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, Maggie!


HIJACK! This is Sinead.  I felt the need to write the blog this week to wish Maggie a very happy 2nd birthday.  It has been the greatest 2 years of my life.  I am sure some of you have gotten to know Maggie via this blog but I would love to tell you about Maggie through my eyes. 
Like any other mom, I know my daughter is gorgeous, smart, funny and kind. But there is so much more to to my little girl.  Most of it cannot be articulated.  It is the realization that only 2 years ago I would have hid my head under the covers on a Saturday morning to avoid the sun, a hang over or chores and today I eagerly hide under the same covers each Saturday morning WITH Maggie to avoid being "got" by John or even more dangerous, the imaginary Growly Gus.  I am startled by her excitement with the mere mention of chocolate or ice cream.  2 years ago, I liked my job and the praise and satisfaction it provided me.  Today, I LOVE my job and I require no praise to achieve a much greater level of satisfaction.  The quailty I most admire in Maggie is her confidence.  Confidence pours from every part of her body.  She walks through life as if she is constantly marching in her very own parade.  She has never met a stranger and she is completely fearless.  We dance whenever and wherever there is music playing and laugh as loud as we want.  Bottom line, she is happy and there is no greater feeling.  It is almost Christmas and I wish I could give her the world.  I am not too worried though, she is very capable of attaining this world for herself.
In honor of her birthday, I have selected my favorite pictures of Maggie.  I hope you enjoy them.  it was very hard to narrow it down but I did my best.
Happy Birthday, Maggie!  You have been an excellent big sister.







































 

1 comment:

Jackie Rogers said...

So beautiful.